I can’t believe it is already that time of year when we are starting to think about fall and back to school! And it’s always special to have new clothes for school (or new clothes for fall). Well, how about an easy no sew DIY craft that will transform that blah t-shirt into a one of a kind Heart Patch t-shirt? This is also a great DIY craft for an adult t-shirt as well.
1. Trace your image (heart for this tutorial) onto the paper side. Cut out the heart from the HeatnBond.
2. Then place the HeatnBond Lite paper side up on wrong side of material.
3. Glide iron across paper side of HeatnBond Lite for 1-2 seconds.
4. Allow material to cool, then peel off paper backing. At this point the adhesive is bonded to the wrong side (back side) of the material.
5. For the last step, place the heart right side up where you want to it be on the t-shirt. Place a sheet or t-towel over the heart so when the HeatnBond Lite is heat-activated by the iron the sequins won’t melt from the heat. Iron for 3-5 seconds. Due to the thickness of the sequin material, I had to go over the area multiple times.
And there you have it! One quick and easy iron on heart patch DIY craft!
HeatnBond Lite is so versatile that you could embellish any item…think elbow patches on a boring sweater, name banner for a room or a character on a tote bag!
Happy Back to School time of year (even if that means simply organization time for you) and I hope to see your imaginations take flight with this HeatnBond Lite DIY craft awesomeness!
For more DIY awesomeness, grab some FREE PRINTABLES to make your own crafty fun from the FREE PRINTABLES page!
If you like what you just read, please share the love with a comment or pin. Thank you!
Blessings from my house to yours,